Our College’s structure is the first of its kind in Australia in which the federal and Victorian governments have partnered with a non-profit philanthropic organisation to build and fund a government school.
Our philanthropic partner is the Colman Foundation
The Foundation helps children from low-income families get a top quality education.
Its support, on top of our core government funding, allows us to deliver extra, innovative programs to meet the needs of Doveton children and families.
The Foundation donated $1.8 million to the construction of our Early Learning Centre and Prep-Year 9 school, in partnership with the $36 million provided by the Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development and the federal Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
The Foundation has also pledged long-term annual funding until at least 2017 for programs and community facilities at the College.
To see Julius Colman, the Foundation’s founder and the leaders of our College speak about their vision for Doveton College, click here.
Our other generous philanthropic partners include:
We also work in partnership with leading community agencies that provide services to children and families on site at Doveton College.
The agencies include:
- Good Beginnings Australia: provides structured playgroups, parenting outreach programs.
- City Of Casey: Maternal and Child Health service, immunisation programs
- Monash Children’s Hospital: provides a visiting children’s doctor
- Southern Health, Community Health: provides healthy eating, therapy, oral health, refugee health programs
- Family Life: provides Creating Capable Community Leaders program, community volunteer support, family mental health support
- Southern Migrant Refugee Centre: provides adult training programs, craft and sewing, conversational English classes, settlement workers
- Parenting Research Centre: provides programs and services to support parents in their parenting roles
- Medicare Local: provides a Koorie psychologist
- The Smith Family: provides the Learning for Life, Each One Teach One programs
- Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency: provides Boys on the Bounce, Girls on the Go program
- University of Ontario: provides evaluation support and mentoring for the College
- Victorian Rugby Union & Doveton Cricket Club: provide coaching and sports clinics programs