Doveton College is committed to providing a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment for all students.
Students can reach their full educational potential only when they are happy, healthy and safe, and when there is a positive school culture to engage and support them in their learning.
Our school will implement a whole-school behaviour management approach that is based on positive values, social competencies, incentives and good peer relationships.
The key focus will be on prevention and early intervention strategies that:
- Define and teach school-wide and classroom expectations
- Establish consistent school-wide and classroom consequences for problem behaviour
- Establish school-wide and classroom processes for early identification of students experiencing academic and/ or behaviour difficulty
- Provide school-wide and classroom processes for ongoing collection and use of data for decision-making
- Empower students by creating multiple opportunities for them to take responsibility and be involved in decision-making
- Provide a physical environment conducive to positive behaviours and effective engagement in learning
- Use evidence-based interventions, monitored regularly for students who face difficulty with learning and/or behaviour